I have gotten so used to using Japanese in everyday life and for blogging that I needed some time to remember what was the English for the title of this post. Strange how even the most difficult of languages (for me) can eventually become part of you as you with time and everyday use. I had no time to make soaps for this month’s Soap challenge, hosted by Amy Warden at Great Cakes Soapworks. Yet, I had long wanted to upload pictures of a few of the dessert soaps I made during and in the end of last year and the beginning of this year. For most of them I used melt-and-pour soap for the roses on top and have to say that I am really in love with this technique. You can make a great number of different flowers and decorate your soaps with them! What is better than a cute-looking little bar of soap which comes with the benefit of being gentle to your skin!
The other one I made is once again floral but I do have to say that I was not so happy with the result and I think it is obvious from the picture why.
The above soap is collored with bamboo charcoal for the black layers and micas for the flowers. The other ones were much more successful. I used green tea powder for the base and got this beautiful warm brown color.
The next ones are quite similar but I could not help making more slightly different soaps with the flowers and leaves I had.
And the last one.
With the exception of the second soap, I used Cee G’s tips on how to make soap dough. Her blog is a very helpful source of information on soapmaking!
I do regret missing this opportunity to make more dessert soaps but hope to have some more time available for such decorative work soon. I would like to thankGee G for the wonderful tutorial and Amy for inviting her to teach us. I cannot wait to see all the entries to this month’s challenge.