I was timing my post about this month’s soap challenge organized by Amy Warden and while surfing the soap blogs was surprised to see that I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Silvia Ludo-Alcordo of Soapjam. Please visit her at http://soapjam.wordpress.com/ as you might be one of her nominees!
Thank you so much, Silvia! After the birth of my daughter last August I have been making soap while carrying her in the baby sling (with her sticking her little nose out of it to see what Mum is doing) and I joked with my husband about me turning into a super woman who can do several things at once 🙂 But it never occurred to me that I might qualify for the Versatile Blogger Award… Thank you again Silvia for thinking of me while making your 15 nominations.
After visiting all of the nominees, I realized that this is a wonderful initiative which helps bloggers expand their net-surfing horizons, create new contacts, find new friends and inspiration.
The rules (copied from versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com) are:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
MY 15 NOMINEES:
(Some of my favourite blogs have already been nominated, which gives me a chance to search for more blogs and find new favourite ones)
1. Bbee and her blog Bbee’s soapsite at http://bbeessoapsite.blogspot.jp/
2. Natalia and her blog Naturelle at http://mijnzeep.wordpress.com/
3. Olga Kivrina and her blog Linen Day at http://linenday.blogspot.jp/
4. Marymechi Vasquez and her Ma Vida Jabonil at http://enjabonartegt.blogspot.jp/
5. Julia Torregrosa Soria and her blog Nubes de Jabon at http://nubesdejabon.blogspot.jp/
6. Milla and her blog soap, soup and everything inbetween at http://millasoap.blogspot.jp/
7. Mini and her blog MINIs SEIFEN at http://miniseifen.blogspot.jp/
8. Nuria and her Nurias Welt at http://nuriaswelt.blogspot.jp/
9. Lyn Wallan-Smith and her Lynnz Artisan Soaps and Candles at http://lynnzartisansoapsandcandles.blogspot.jp/
10. Jill and her blog Bittersweet and the little soap company at http://bittersweetsoap.typepad.com/bittersweet/
11. Anna and her blog Jaboning te Ensena at http://jaboning.blogspot.jp/
12. Kia (?) and her blog Petals Bath Boutique (Beacon Creations) at http://beaconcreations7.blogspot.jp/
13. Mukumori and her blog mukumori.ya at http://mukumori.futagoyama.net/
14. Aina and her blog Savon doux TE SHI GO TO at http://sdteshigoto.jugem.jp/
15. Olivia and her blog Oli.dreams creaciones at http://olidreamscreaciones.blogspot.jp/
And now the seven things about me.
1. Though I come from a small country in Europe, I live in Tokyo with my husband and almost 6-month old daughter.
2. I love reading, soaping, embroidery, my work and my cactus garden.
3. One of my dreams is to learn the French and German ways of making bread.
4. I like animals in general but hope to have a cat some day.
5. I love Japan. It took some time to acquire a taste for all things Japanese but for me now it is one of the best places to live.
6. I belong to the small number of people who do not like sweets. Yet, I can enjoy a piece of chocolate now and then.
7. I have a thing for tea cups, tea pots and wooden bowls.
I wish you all a successful week.